Thursday, December 22, 2005

So where is it?

The Big Finish? The Final Thought? The Witty Yet Deep Musings That Tie The Semester Together, complete with a dash of Things I Have Learned?
I'm putting it off for a week. Until then, I am gallivanting around Berlin in the company of my grandfather's friend Liz and occasionally her son (recently featured in a prominent German tabloid as part of the German Brad Pitt's "party squad.") To actually take time to reflect on my semester in Russia would be hazardous to my well-being, so I'm saving it for when I'm back in the States. Although I will say I was amazed when I used the restroom at the German History Museum--there were five rolls of toilet paper in my stall alone, which is more than exists in all the public restrooms in St. Petersburg put together.
Tschuss! (or however you spell it)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel - we are so glad you are having a fine time in Berlin. Liz is a wonderful tour guide and hostess. She thinks of us as "family" and will do everything to make you feel welcome. I love your comment about the toilet paper in Germany vs. Russia.
Boris Gudonov - heavy stuff. Enjoyable ? Talk to you soon in Amherst hopefully - love from Dianne Marie and Pops