Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Well, back to work...

I wish spring break had been just a little less awesome. That way I'd be feeling at least a little more motivated to re-start work on my thesis. I was at my most productive in the weeks leading up to the trip; now that I know I won't be going anywhere exciting until Senior Week, I just can't get back into the swing of things.
I was getting a bit frustrated with the damn thing even before break. When I started a couple months ago it felt like I was embarking on a meaningful intellectual journey, at the end of which I would discover the meaning of Art and Life and such. These days it just feels like I'm stuck in an academic version of Space Invaders. Try as I might, I will never be able to shoot all those little fuckers down before they land on my head and I die.
(Large mass of enemy ships=my thesis. Tiny green ship trying to destroy all the enemy ships in time to prevent their ever-quickening inevitable descent=me.)

No comments: