Wednesday, May 24, 2006

We interrupt your regularly scheduled lack of updates with this breaking news:

So I guess I've kinda put this thing on hold until my life becomes more interesting, which--if I'm lucky--will be soon, so stay tuned.
Briefly, though: The semester is over. I'm home and trying to figure out my summer. My mom's letting me handle one of her textbook editing jobs, which will hopefully provide me with the financial means to spend a couple months of this summer in the UK doing...well, that will be the interesting part, should it happen.
Highlights of being home, so far: the amazing 24 finale, of course, and a Murder By Death show in Boston. The band was just as kickass live as I'd hoped--they synced their songs up with clips from old B-movies and did their best to recreate their albums' cinematic sound in a smallish club setting. Not to mention that for about half of the opening band's set (check 'em out, they deserve it) I was like two inches away from Murder By Death's lead singer. He was listening to the band and talking to his friends and I didn't want to interrupt, but as he was walking away I managed to get his attention and sqeak, "Ireallylikeyourbandhaveagoodshow!" And he was like, "Thanks!" And then they did have a good show, so maybe I contributed to that in some small way.
I'm such a groupie.
The only drawback, of course, is that now I have these Sharpied X's on my hands that are taking forever to wash off. Thank God this is the last summer I'll have to suffer that particular indignity.

1 comment:

sam said...

give us updates anyway!

ps season 2 isn't nearly as seamless in its first-second main plot transition, but it's still pretty gripping. hope everything's going well. we should chat more!