Sunday, June 11, 2006

Dear blog:

Somewhere in the middle of packing and going home and textbook editing and planning a last-minute trip abroad, I managed to completely miss my two-year blog-o-versary.
I'm sorry, baby. Really I am. But haven't I been good to you these past two years? All right, maybe I've been writing in you a little less frequently of late, but you know how it is. I'd come home from classes or the music studio and just be too gosh-darn tired for even a quickie entry.
And no, I haven't been cheating on you with myspace or livejournal. Facebook? Just a professional relationship, honest. Every half-original semi-coherent kind-of-witty introspective musing I have, I give to you. It's just that I haven't had much to give this past semester.
Remember Russia, though? That wasn't so long ago. Good times. Lots of entries. I even finally introduced you to my parents, just like you wanted. They adore you, by the way. I know how worried you were about what they'd think of you.
I've stood by you through blog hackers, spam robot comments and deleted or repeated entries; the least you can do is let me off the hook for this. And hey, to make up for everything, I'm taking you to England. So pack your bags (or whatever you not-really-existent online entities have) and let's go start year 3 off right.

No comments: