Thursday, December 07, 2006

...And then there was one.

Semester, I mean. Although the end of the first half of senior year seems a long way off (two finals and a paper to go) I'll be back in the 413 this time next week, like it or not.
So...do I like it or not? Time was when I couldn't wait to be seven-eigths done with college. And the thought of getting out of Claremont and possibly the US still makes me happier than all the goods at Death By Chocolate put together (it was yesterday, and while I did partake, the spectacle of someone throwing up from gorging on paid-for-with-thousands-of-dollars-of-our-tuition-money chocolates made me want to race to Ontario Airport and hop on the next plane to anywhere but America.)
It's just scary how little time is left before I have to make that whole set of life-changing decisions. I have literally no idea where I'll be living or what I'll be doing this time next year, other than not going to grad school (at least not just yet), and while I'm hoping to schedule some interviews and apply for some jobs over winter break, I feel like I should know about these things by now. I'm starting to see why grad school is such a popular option.
It's also strange that this break will ostensibly be the last time in my life that I'll live at "home"--or should I say, with my parents--for more than a week or two. And of course, it's quite frustrating that I'll never know what might have been with the boy next door. Sigh.
Well, at least I'll be home in time for Hannukah. It's hard to complain when you're stuffing yourself with latkes.

No comments: