Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving I went to my stepmom's brother's family's house in a suburban area just north of San Diego. We had turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, Jell-O salad and cranberry sauce from the can. On Friday we went bowling, ate at one of those theme restaurants at which the waiters wear irreverent shirts and everything on the menu is fried to within an inch of its life, then went home and watched a Harry Potter movie. On Saturday we went shopping at a gargantuan outdoor mall.
As someone who has lived exclusively in ultraliberal college towns and, most recently, European cities, I've had little contact with America. After this past weekend I'm forced to admit it's a great place to visit, but I'm still not sure I'd want to live there.

No comments: