Sunday, May 13, 2007

The end of the end? Or the beginning of the beginning?

I graduate college tomorrow, and despite everything I've been saying and thinking for the past year and a half or so, I don't know if I'm ready.
I don't know if I'm ready to live outside the safety net of home or college. I don't know if I'm ready to deal with rent, student loans, car insurance, gas and groceries every single month from now until who knows when. I don't know if I'm ready to give up free food or free music studio use or free gym access. I don't know if I'm ready to stop getting student discounts on things (although my Pomona ID doesn't have an expiration date on it, so I'm probably good for at least another year.)
Yes, I've wanted to leave this place for ages. Now that I've actually gotten my wish, though, I can't stop thinking about all the things and people I'll miss. Maybe if I had any time between finishing my thesis and going to San Diego for Senior Week, or any time between San Diego and graduation, I'd have had time to come to my senses.
Or maybe if I'd allowed myself just a wee bit more time between graduating from college and moving to LA, so that I wouldn't have to make the transition from "ridiculously coddled liberal arts student" to "twentysomething trying to make it on my own in a city that doesn't give a damn about me" in a matter of hours. Yeah. That might've been smart of me.
I don't have time to write anything else tonight, but consider this a "to be continued"...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay!!!
i have to wait 2 weeks...last night i was like OH DEAR LORD what am i going to do with myself? and this morning i was like...
FUCK.
oh well. at least you don't have that problem!!!
-juliebean