Monday, October 01, 2007

*incoherent rant to follow*

Man, I thought Peter Bjorn and John's reign of terror had ceased sometime around early July when ahead-of-the-curve radio stations like 103.1 and clubs like the Echo finally recognized that "Young Folks" had run its course. I was so wrong. Now that mainstream radio is playing it and every TV show that wants to be hip is licensing it and James Frickin' Blunt is covering it, I expect it'll be months before I get that goddamn whistling out of my head.

"Young Folks" offends me on two levels: first, I can't whistle, so it's like the refrain is taunting me. Second, I just found out that the group Peter Bjorn and John isn't made up of two guys (one named Peter Bjorn and the other simply John), but is actually three guys, none of whom ever learned how to use a comma. That sort of thing bugs the shit out of me. Like when Fergie sings "I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket." God help me, I actually sat through that entire song twice because I thought I might have misheard it the first time. But no. Whose blanket, Fergie? Whose fucking blanket?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear. I hate that song too. i hate the video more. im like oh dear lord cry me a freaken river and tell me what goes around comes around.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ciproxin.webs.com/]buy cipro[/url] buy cipro xr online
buy cipro hc
ciproxin buy uk

Anonymous said...

[url=http://casodex-bicalutamide.webs.com/]Bikalen
[/url] buying generic Casodex
Bicalupel
Cosudex

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]order virazole online
[/url] rebetol 100 mg online
order ribavirin
order virazole online