Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A girl can dream, can't she?

I didn't want to have to say this. The idea's kind of been swirling around in my head for some time now, but today, when I realized just where I'll be spending most of my time this summer, I felt the obligation to inform the public:

I solemnly swear that before I graduate from this college, I WILL have sex in the Victor G. Montgomery Music Library.

It's not so much that it's a fantasy of mine--I think I'd have a hard time pulling off that "naughty librarian" act with a straight face. It's more like...Over the past two years, I've spent more time in that room than in any other room at this school, possibly even including my dorm room. I've eaten there, I've made tea there, I've slept there (on more than one particularly rough Sunday morning shift), I've done an indeterminable amount of work there. And this summer, due to the nature of my work, that room will basically become my office.
Not only is sex the final frontier regarding things it's possible to do in the music library, it would be my way to strike back, to mark my territory (and yes, I realize there are other ways of doing that, but this one's the most sanitary.) And it would make work a whole lot more fun.
I don't particularly care who it's with, although it would be sweet if it were someone I liked, or a fellow music major who understands my motivation. All I know is, it has to happen. And I've only got three short semesters (and one summer) to make it happen.
Hmmm...

No comments: