Monday, November 06, 2006

Some publicity:

This man is a full-blown artistic genius. He gave a fairly mind-blowing concert at Pomona yesterday, followed by an even more mind-blowing lecture/performance today. Not only is he able to perfectly articulate all the reasons why art is important and relevant, he can play the piano so fast that even my virtuoso friends are convinced he has superpowers. And (as I discovered when he came out for pizza with, like, the entire music department) he has intelligent things to say about Russian literature.
Oh, and he's from Western Massachusetts. I'd like to think that means there's hope for me after all, but part of me is afraid that between him and that guy from Staind my quaint little home region has already exceeded its famous musician production quota for this half-century.

No comments: